Elyse Josephs L.Ac., Dipl. OM
Elyse Josephs, MTOM, L.Ac. has obtained a masters of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine fro Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. Her over 20 years experience includes working with patients of chronic diseases and disabilities at the Hospital for Joint Diseases, NYC
She is experienced in treating orthopedic disorders due to trauma, also arthritis, Fibryomyalgia, and other disorders not easily treated by conventional Western Bio-medicine.
A large part of her practice is dedicated to working with Women’s health issues including:
Infertility- helping women to conceive, and carry a full term pregnancy.
IVF- Acupuncture can increase the percentage rate of success in invitro fertilization performed by a qualified physician.
Period problems: ammenorrhea (cessation of periods), irregular menstruation, late or early periods, painful menstruation.
Peri-menopause, menopause: Acupuncture and herbal medicine for symptom relief and maintaining a healthy balanced body.
Acupuncture facial rejuvenation: Utilizing state of the art photo therapy (LED), which is integrated with traditional acupuncture. This technique is an advancement of traditional facial acupuncture rejuvenation. It truly revitalizes and rejuvenates the face to a more youthful appearance.
Coming from a background deeply involved in homeopathic healing modalities in Eastern Europe, my family was involved in all aspects of natural healing: from creating creams and serums to maintain a youthful appearance, to the use and knowledge of herbal remedies in restoring and maintaining health, vitality and vigor. Up until the last hundred years since my family has been in America there were many members that studied and chose to practice medicine from a homeopathic perspective, instead of the Western allopathic model.
I’ve added to this legacy my study and practice of Traditional Chinese medicine, along with an extensivve knowledge of Herbal medicine and modern functional medicine, which includes cutting edge research in vitamins and supplements.
I also have developed a program from FACIAL REJUVENATION which includes micro needling and Facial acupuncture for restoring a youthful appearance to the face. Utilizing serums of Swiss Apple stem cells and Chinese herbs to revitalize and restore collegen and elastin. Clinical studies on Swiss stem cells have shown them to be more effective than PRP in rejuvenation of the face.
Preparing for your session
- Schedule appointments on days where there are no strenuous activities or events planned, times when you don’t have to rush, have too many activities scheduled.
- Eating- Make sure you have eaten and are not having acupuncture on an empty st.
- Limit stimulants such as coffee, or anything with a high caffeine content before appointments. Moderation according to individual tolerance.
- Try to wear loose, comfortable clothing, or bring something like shorts to change into.
- Cell phones – should be turned off during the session
Cancellations or appointment changes no made with at least 24 hours notice prior to the scheduled appointment will be charged at 50% of the appointment fee. A late cancellation fee of $50.00
I am in network with certain companies. All insurance has to be verified as per eligibility. If you have any insurance with out of network benefits must be verified. Please fill out and submit the Insurance verification form
LIST OF INSURANCES
- United Healthcare of NY
- United Healthcare (UHC) Navigate
- United Healthcare (UHC) charter
- Empire Plan
- United Healthcare (UHC) Dual Complete
- HealthFirst (HF) Medicare Plans
- HealthFirst (HF) Essential Plan
- HealthFirst (HF) Quality Health Plan
- HealthFirst (HF) HFIC Plan